Admissions Criteria (*updated 1/15/2021):
Millennium High School is a screened school. The following criteria will be used for 2021 admissions:
- 7th grade marking period grades (September 2019 to February 2020) - 90+ GPA
- 6th grade final grades (September 2018 to June 2019) - 90+ GPA
- 6th grade New York State Math and ELA test scores (averaged together) - 3.0+
*Attendance is no longer taken into consideration for admissions.
The percentage weights for the criteria listed above will be applied as follows:
- 7th grade marking period grades (40%)
- 6th grade final grades (40%)
- averaged together, 6th grade NYS Math & ELA Test Scores (20%)
For 7th grade marking period grades (September 2019 to February 2020), and 6th grade final grades (September 2018 to June 2019), only core academic classes (English, Math, Science, and Social Studies) will be included in each grade point average.
For 6th Grade state tests, the students' two test scores will be averaged together to create one value.
For students who do not have data on record (for example, no 6th Grade state test results), the weighting of existing data (in this case, grades from 6th and 7th grades) will be increased.
Note: all ranking of students will be managed centrally by the Department of Education.
Students applying from parochial or independent private schools should submit the form of assessment employed by their school and the Department of Education will translate their scores accordingly. The standardized test score requirements will not apply to these applicants.
For more detailed information on our admissions criteria, please also see our FAQs under Admissions.Our admissions code is M25A.