Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Update
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a temporary federal food benefit program for families to buy food to make up for school meals that were missed while students were enrolled in remote/blended learning.
Benefits can be used anywhere EBT/SNAP are accepted, including most retail food stores and farmers markets.
P-EBT is for ALL NYC public school students regardless of family income or immigration status. P-EBT applies to any school participating in the National School Lunch Program, including private, pre-K, charter, and religious schools. P-EBT is not a public charge.
There is no application for P-EBT, it is issued automatically.
• DISTRIBUTION 1 Covers March - June 2020, and was issued in fall 2020
• DISTRIBUTION 2 Covers Sept 2020 - March 2021, and started distribution in June 2021
• DISTRIBUTION 3 Covers April - June 2021, and will start issuing in fall 2021
For more information:
• For answers to commonly asked P-EBT food benefit questions visit the NYS OTDA website at otda.ny.gov/SNAP-COVID-19
• NY State P-EBT Helpline: 1-833-452-0096
• EBT Customer Service 1-888-328-6399 or www.connectebt.com to request a replacement card, check your balance, or activate (PIN) a card
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact us to request assistance.